MANATEE COUNTY, FL (Jan. 18, 2022) – The Florida Department of Health in Manatee County and Manatee County Government have teamed up to offer an additional location for COVID-19 testing.
The new site will be at the SUNZ insurance building at 1301 8th Avenue W in Downtown Bradenton.
This new location will begin operations at 7 a.m. Wednesday, January 19, 2021 and will be open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. seven days a week.It is a walk-up operation, and no appointments are necessary. Clients can pre-register online.
Visitors are asked to bring proof of Florida residency (driver’s license, utility bill with Florida address, etc.).
This site is in addition to the ongoing COVID-19 testing site at the Bradenton Area Convention Center. That location — in the southwest parking lot of 1 Haben Boulevard in Palmetto — operates 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. seven days a week.
Testing is free of charge in both locations.
Now more than ever, it is important that we continue to follow our basic guidelines and mitigation efforts. Testing and vaccinations continue to be one of our most important tools in this battle, and they are available in our area as follows:
- Bradenton Area Convention Center
- Rapid and PCR COVID testing available for adults and children
- Open daily 7am - 7pm, no appt needed
- Florida Department of Health - downtown location (410 6th Ave E) and Manatee South satellite
- Vaccines available M-F, 8:30-4:30
- Appointments are encouraged but walk-ins welcome
- Florida Department of Health - John Mable Park (675 53rd Ave E, Bradenton)
- Rapid PCR testing, M-F 8:00-4:30; no appt needed
- Available for students, SDMC employees and county employees
- MCR - various locations; please call for information and appointments
- Testing and vaccines also continue to be available through various private providers such as CVS, Walgreens, walk-in clinics, etc.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 testing, please call the Florida Department of Health Manatee at (941) 748-0747.
Additional testing locations can be found on the MyManatee website.